Thursday, February 7, 2013

Has Anyone Seen Fatboy???

Week 6 Days 1&2

I hope he's ok. I haven't heard from him in over a week. Who am I kidding? I hope I never see or hear from that guy again. As with last Wednesday, I drove in early so I could make my softball game and squeeze my run in before work. Wednesdays run was a little tough. The first segment went ok, but I forgot my gloves and my hands started going numb from the cold. I just can't run with my hands in my pockets. However, it still turned out to be a fairly decent run, setting 3 new PR's


 
Tonight, after dinner I decided I should try to get my run in because (1) I didn't ride my bike at all today and (2) tomorrow is Julie's birthday party at Crocodiles in Modesto. I'm not sure if we're doing dinner, but I know we'll be shakin' it out on the dance floor tomorrow night!! Tonights run was just a repeat of Wednesdays run, only with a 2 minute shorter walking interval. As with the last run the first 10 minutes went ok, but the second 10 really kicked my ass. I think what happened was, as I was running, my pace kept increasing. I was feeling overly tired. Then I realized, I had gotten so caught up in the music I was listening to and the tempo of the songs that were playing, that it made my pace faster. Once I took off my headphones, I could hear the cadence of my feet, and realized the pace was way faster than when I started the segment. Funmny though, no PR's were set as a result of the faster pace.  Hopefully, Julie won't be too hung over on Saturday and go with me on the next run. It's gonna be a killer as it starts off with a full 15 minute run interval.         Oh well, like they say, No Pain!! No Gain!!

1 comment: