Saturday, April 20, 2013

Off To Monterrey!!!

Sea Otter Classic or Bust!

The day is finally here! In just a few short hours, Julie and I will be heading off on our latest adventure. I'm not gonna lie, the butterflies in my stomach are growing in number and size!! At this moment, Julie is out doing her long run for the week (9 miles!) You go girl!!! I'm trying to make breakfast and locate all of my gear for the weekend, wash my riding clothes, etc. I feel pretty confident that I'm going to have fun, but at the same time I'm worried that I didn't train hard enough to make it through the course. I'm just gonna have to wing it I guess. I'm starting to have flashbacks from my last race I guess. But I've had 3 months since that race to train, and this course doesn't seem as technical as the last one. I WILL finish no matter what!! Even If I have to walk it over the line!!
 
We've decided to take the road bikes too for a little ride up the coast after the race. I think I'm looking forward to that most of all, because I get to spend some quality time with Jule's and you get to see things that kinda whizz by when you're in a car. Well I guess I better finish packing and hit the road. Wish me luck!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment