Sunday, April 7, 2013

Onward and Upward!!



Next Sunday I will be running in my 3rd 5K race at the Sacramento Zoo Zoom. It looks to be a pretty flat course, so hopefully I can make it the whole way without stopping. What's weird is, my race, starts before Julie's. But it's cool at the same time. She might actually get some pics of me crossing the finish line (or staggering over it haha.) Last month I started Active.com's 5K-10K running workout. So far it hasn't been too bad, but I'm still pretty early into it. If nothing else, I'm hoping it'll help me with my 5K's.
 
The next couple of months are going to be pretty busy. Later this month is the Sea Otter Classic. In May I'm running the 5K in the Avenue of the Vines race in Lodi. This will be Julies first half-marathon. I'm so proud of her and what she's accomplished in just a little over a year.
 
For June, we will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary by doing a 60+ mile bike ride through the forests of Mendocino county called the Mendocino Monster. This is going to be a real test of both of our fitness levels. The ride not only consists of long miles, but has some pretty tough climbing and descents. Julie wanted to do the little 28 miler, but my thinking was "what the hell? we've got all day! what else do we have to do?" Besides it's not like it's tomorrow. We've got 2 months to train for it. It's also pretty well supported along the way. According to their website they have fully stocked rest areas about every 20 miles, which if you think about it, it'll be like riding three 20 mile rides in one day. We'll just take our time, take in the sights, and have some fun with it. See you on the road!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: