Thursday, March 7, 2013

New Month, New Goals, New Wheels!!!

This week in cycling....


I finally took the plunge and got a road bike. I've been resarching, pricing and comparison shopping for the last 3 months online and in the bike shops. I finally decided on a 2013 Specialized Secteur Sport. Now, Julie and I both have new road bikes. Hopefully this weekend will be nice enough togo for a nice long ride.

 
I've set a goal this month to increase my mileage from 200 miles to 400-500 miles per month. I've already been figuring out how I can squeeze the miles in by riding from the house to the station in the morning, and getting off the train 2 stops earlier should do it. Now I just have to get all the little dodads and goodies for the bike to be able to take those long rides. The first order of business is a good tire pump, extra tubes and a water bottle and cage and maybe a better light set.
 
 

This Week in Running...

 
Well, last week anyway. I've finally and officialy completed my Couch to 5K program. It feels good to set a goal and accomplish it. And to think that just 2 months ago, I couldn't even run 100 yards straight without gasping for breath and collapsing. Now I can run a full 3 miles without stopping. Well, most of the time, last night Fatboy got the best of me. BOOOOO!! I'll be back out there on Saturday to redeem myself. Speaking of redeeming one's self, Julie and I are signed up for yet another race on the 16th of this month at Del Valle. I've also set a running goal for this month of 40 miles. I'm already a quarter of the way there!! Well it's off to the gym now to give Fatboy an ass whoopin' he won't soon forget!! See you on the road!!
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment