Saturday, March 30, 2013

Good Friday???

Mountain Bike Friday in Full Effect!!

Or, at least, it started off that way. The day started off with a great ride this morning. Today, was "Mountain Bike Friday",  just a little thing I came up with to stay in tune with the bike. I rode the 7.5 miles in from Santa Clara in just a shade over 31 minutes smashing my old time by 7 minutes. I had been told by a fellow cyclist that a road bike would make me faster on a mountain bike. I guess he was right! I was hardly even trying, but I found myself using higher gears that I did before, with minimal effort.


My splits via Runkeeper

 
After this ride, I was pretty stoked all day I couldn't wait to make the return trip to the station. By the end of the day though, the wind started to pick up and I knew any chance of repeating the morning's performance was out the window. I actually didn't do that bad though I went 5 miles in a little over 21 minutes.
 
 
 
 
This is where the day took a bad turn. As I'm pulling into the Tracy station, all I'm thinking about is getting in my truck and heading home to relax after a long ass week. One problem, where the FUCK is my truck??? I ride over to where it WAS parked and all I found was some of the junk that was in the door pocket. FUCK ME!! Some ASSHOLE stole my truck!! As the panic starts to set in I called Julie to come and get me. Now I've got to call the local P.D. and start a stolen vehicle report, which right away I'm thinking this going to go nowhere. Well as it turned out, the same jackass broke into 5 or 6 other cars in the lot before taking my truck a fleeing the scene. Well he didn't go far before doing something else stupid. He pulled over in some random neighborhood and got out with a suitcase he had swiped from another car, which caught the eye of someone who thought he was acting suspisious and called it in. He was later caught shoplifting at Target and then pulled over in my truck. The cops had already caught the guy before I even knew my truck was stolen. Now the fun part begins, after he was arrested for the shoplifting, the police had the truck towed not knowing it was stolen. It took almost 3 hours just get the police sgt. to sign the release form for me so I can get my truck out. We were finally able to track it down, but the place was closed for the day. Hopefully the jerk didn't fuck it up too bad. I just hope this string of bad luck has finally run its course. Grrrrr!  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment