Saturday, January 12, 2013

It's Gotta Be The Shoes!!!!


Today Julie and I went out for a little sporting goods shopping. She had decided that her old running shoes had seen better days, so it was time for new ones. So we set out for Stockton to go to the Fleet Feet store for her, and then we were going to head over to REI to look at cycling shoes for me.  While Julie was getting fitted, the guy was making idle chit-chat about what we had planned for the rest of the day. He told us about Performance Bikes which was right across the street. After Julie got done we headed over there to check out their selection. We walk in and they have a ton of shoes, most of which were on sale. I wear a size 50 EUR, so its pretty hard to find regular shoes let alone cycling shoes. But low and behold, Julie spots a pair, and they're perfect and on sale!!! I was pretty stoked, I was able to get my shoes and a set of pedals for a little over a $100. I installed the pedals on the bike and strapped on my shoes and went for a ride. I've always been a little apprehensive about being clipped in, but once I got them sorted out and started riding, I started wishing I would have got them sooner. I noticed right away that I could maintain a lot more speed than before. I can't wait to go out agian when the sun's shinning so I can see what these babies can really do.

Speaking of Running Shoes.....


 As part of the whole getting in shape kick that I'm on, I bought a pair of running shoes.(two weeks old now) I've also started a couch to 5K program. I'm tired of going to these races with Julie to just watch and cheer. I want to be out there running beside her. Maybe by the end of summer I might try a couple dualathlons I read about. I'll keep you posted on my progress !!

No comments:

Post a Comment